Definition: The Associate Teacher assists the Teacher, Master Teacher, or Center Director and assumes responsibility for general supervision, development and education of children.
Reports To: The Master Teacher or Center Director.
Position Supervises: Teacher Aide, Teacher Assistant, Substitute Teacher and Classroom Volunteers.
1. Assists in planning, preparing and implementing daily program.
2. Assists in planning and preparing the learning environment, and preparing needed materials and supplies.
3. Performs primary care giving responsibilities.
4. Desired Results Process.
5. Assists in maintaining the environment in a clean, safe manner.
6. Assumes responsibility for regular parent communication, including parent conferences and chatters.
7. Supervises Teacher Aides, Substitute Teachers and Volunteers as requested.
8. Assumes responsibilities in absence of Teacher, Master Teacher, or Center Director.
9. Assumes general responsibility for health, safety, and well-being of all children in the agency.
10. Prepares written reports as directed.
11. Attends meetings as requested.
12. Participates in activities that further own professional growth.
13. Maintains confidentiality of children, families and employees.
14. Works as a member of the agency team by promoting the mission and philosophy of the organization.
15. Greets children, parents, staff, and guests as needed.
16. Assists other centers when requested.
17. All other duties as assigned by Master Teacher or Center Director.
-Possess an Associate Teacher Permit.
-1 year prior experience in working with young children preferred.
-Hold a current and valid Pediatric First Aide/CPR, Health and Safety (EMSA) certification within 3 months of employment and maintain the certificates current by the standards of the issuing organization during the course of employment with Kidango.
-Must have 3 Infant/Toddler units to be an Infant/Toddler Associate Teacher
-Complete three hours of training in Infectious Disease Prevention within three months of employment.
-Able to lift 30 pounds chest high.
-High school graduate or equivalent.
-Must be 18 years or older.
Pass health and TB screening and Department of Justice fingerprint clearance.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug Free Workplace
Full Time (40 hrs)/Non-Exempt
Salary Grade 3
$13.23 per hour
Mission Valley ROP does not provide resume or application assistance. The job process is the applicants’ responsibility.