Welcome to Culinary Arts with Chef Skrocke
Instructor: Chef Chris SkrockeLocation: Newark Memorial High School, Room 443Contact Information:Phone: 510-818-4401Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Period 1: Culinary Arts 1
- Period 2: Culinary Arts 1
- Period 3: Culinary Arts 1
- Period 4: Culinary Arts 2
- Period 5: Culinary Arts 1
- Period 6: Culinary Arts 1
Industry Sector: Hospitality, Tourism, and Recreation
- Students in Culinary Arts 1 that earn a C- or better and pass a college final exam with an 80% or higher can earn college credits at Diablo Valley College.
- Students planning to attend Mission College that earn a B- or better in Culinary Arts 1 can earn college credits.
"Some people like to paint pictures, or do gardening, or build a boat in the basement. Other people get a tremendous pleasure out of the kitchen, because cooking is just as creative and imaginative an activity as drawing, or wood carving, or music." - Julia Child
College Credits Earned:
2017-2018: 84 students in Chef Skrocke's Culinary Arts classes earned college credits from Diablo Valley College. 22 students earned 0.5 credits in CULN 105: Introduction to the Kitchen, 28 students earned 2.0 credits in CULN 153: Safety and Sanitation, and 34 students earned 2.5 credits from both CULN 105 & CULN 153.