Welcome to PLTW Biomedical Sciences with Mrs. Farooq
Instructor: Mrs. Masiha FarooqLocation: Mission Valley ROP Center, Room 227Contact Information:Phone: 510-657-1865 x15227Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgClass Schedule 2019-2020:
- 7:30 - 9:30 am - Principles of Biomedical Science (PBS)/Human Body Systems (HBS)
- KHS 2nd Block - Principles of Biomedical Science (PBS)/Human Body Systems (HBS)
- 1:00 - 3:00 pm - Honors Medical Interventions (MI)/Biomedical Innovation (BI)
Industry Sector: Health Science and Medical Technology
College Credits: Students in PBS, HBS, MI, or BI that plan to attend Cal State East Bay can earn college credits if they pass their PLTW Biomedical Sciences class and pass the CLEP Biology Exam.
- PLTW Principles of Biomedical Science, PLTW Human Body Systems, and PLTW Honors Medical Interventions each meet the Area D: Laboratory Science requirement.
- PLTW Honors Biomedical Innovation meets the Area G: College-Preparatory requirement.
MVROP Biomedical Sciences in the News: MVROP's PLTW Biomedical Science program was featured in the Washington Hospital Healthcare System Currents newsletter on 3/1/18 in Vol 33/No. 5!
2018-2019: Mrs. Farooq had 11 students earn their AISHI BLS/CPR Card, 56 students earn their BioNetwork's Introduction to Lab Safety Certification, 56 students earn their HIPAA Certification, and 2 students who earned the PLTW 2019 California Scholar Award/Certificate.
2017-2018: 10 Students in the Medical Interventions/Biomedical Innovation class received the 2018 PLTW California Scholar Award Certificate and Medallion and 16 students earned their CPR/BLS Card.