SUMMARY: The AHD Unit Secretary is responsible for performing general secretarial and receptionist duties on the hospital unit to which he/she is assigned. Performs related duties as assigned.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: NOTE: The following are the duties performed by employees in this classification, however, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
1. Provides clerical services to and facilitates the communication for the hospital unit to which he/she is assigned.
2. Prepares and maintains accurate and readable designated unit records.
3. Accurately and efficiently prepares, maintains and assures proper disposition of patient charts including filing patient test results, histories and physicals. All test results files to be initialed and dated.
4. Transcribes doctor's orders to Kardex and MAR as indicated and completes all necessary requisitions and chart forms. Faxes orders to appropriate departments in a timely manner and completes order entry by computer.
5. Reviews patient charts to assure that all doctor's orders have been noted.
6. Maintains inventory standards for patient care and stationary supplies.
7. Facilitates communication between nursing staff, physicians, patient's relatives, visitors and other departments and relays information to appropriate persons. On units with intercom systems, answers patient calls and directs requests where necessary.
8. Maintains confidentiality of all information regarding patients and all aspects of their hospitalization.
9. Maintains organization of unit desk area.
10. Participates in the unit orientation of new personnel.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Education: High School graduate or GED. Minimum Experience: One year of experience in an acute care or sub-acute setting as a unit secretary/clerk or Certified Nursing Assistant with knowledge of medical terminology.
• Alameda, CA
• Alameda Hospital
• AHD West Med/Surg
• Services As Needed / Per Diem - Varies
• Req #: 27474-18293
• FTE: 0.01
• Posted: January 8, 2021
Our pharmacy technician positions have undergone an exciting transformation, moving from a transaction-based environment to a much more patient-centric one. As a Walgreens Pharmacy Technician or Pharmacy Technician Apprentice, you'll be front and center – interacting with our customers and developing strong patient relationships. Pharmacy is the core of our business, and our pharmacy technicians enjoy all the tools and support – including the latest technology – to grow their careers and reach their goals.
Walgreens is proud to invest & champion an “earn while you learn” Pharmacy Technician Training Program recognized by ASHP & Department of Labor. This apprenticeship program gives you an entry point to a career in health care by guiding you in taking steps towards becoming a Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) Certified Pharmacy Technician and helping you maintain the high level of skill required in the pharmacy care industry. Arming you with a nationally recognized, portable credential that will help you advance your career.
Whether you are new to working in pharmacies or are an experienced Pharmacy Technician Apply Now! Walgreens will train you to use your skills and talents to serve and care for our patients and customers. The courses, learning activities, and resources provided to you in our pharmacy technician training program are designed to give you foundational and advanced knowledge, skills, and on-the-job experiences you need to prepare to become a certified pharmacy technician. To learn more about the Apprenticeship, click here.
$500 one-time sign-on bonus available for external candidates hired between 12/7 - 3/21/21.
Must be 18 years or older to apply.
To Apply: jobs.walgreens.com/pharmacy
Mission Valley ROP does not provide resume or application assistance. The job process is the applicants’ responsibility.