DEFINITION: Under the direction of the Director of Educational Services, the Mission Valley Regional Occupational Program (ROP) College and Career Program Specialist will assist in a wide variety of educational activities with emphasis in college articulations, UC a-g curriculum alignment; liaison with student services agencies; career guidance services; and other duties as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide leadership to teachers in UC a-g curriculum alignment.
• Work with community colleges and Mission Valley ROP (MVROP) instructors to create and maintain articulation agreements.
• Work with instructors and students to facilitate college credit gathering through articulations.
• Maintain articulation, college credit and other data information.
• Assist with job placement services for students and business partners.
• Assist with business and industry advisory and career technical education committees.
• Baccalaureate degree or higher from an accredited college/university preferred.
• Experience in Regional Occupational Program (ROP) and Career Technical Education (CTE) preferred.
• Business or industry experience is preferred.
• CTE and ROP operation principles and techniques.
• College application process.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and flexible attitude.
• Effective facilitation, group process and problem-solving skills.
• Work as a part of a team
• Establish and maintain positive working relationships
• Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• Develop and maintain effective liaison relationships with participating school district staff as well as appropriate social service agencies and community organizations.
• Use appropriate technology and to seek resources (local and statewide)
• Conduct direct interaction with students for guidance.
• Performs work which is primarily in an office setting
• Requires mobility of arms to reach and dexterity of hands to grasp and manipulate small objects (keyboard, telephone, and common office machines)
• Requires vision (which may be corrected) to read small print
• May require working at a computer screen for prolonged periods
• Requires the mobility to stand, stoop, reach, and bend
• Requires lifting, pushing and/or pulling office supplies, mail and packages which do not exceed 30 pounds and is an infrequent aspect of the job
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATES Possession of a California Driver's License and an acceptable driving record is an ongoing requirement.
OTHER CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT In accordance with California law and the Education Code, position incumbents must maintain a conviction-free Department of Justice background record, which is relevant to the position.
SALARY SCHEDULE: Classified Clerical
SALARY RANGE: Step 2
STIPEND for Associates, Bachelors, Masters or Doctorate Degree
WORK HOURS/WORK YEAR: 8 hours per day; 231 work days per year; 11 months per year; 14 paid holidays; 11 paid vacation days per year
Retirement: Public Employees Retirement System (PERS)
Medical: 100% paid by employee less employer contribution for those enrolled in MVROP plans.
Dental: 100% paid by employer for full time employees (employer pays for employee only; dependents may be added at employee’s expense).
Vision: 100% paid by employee
Apply through EdJoin.org by September 28, 2021.
Teach Career Technical Education (CTE) courses to high school and/or adult students. Applicants must demonstrate a variety of effective teaching methods in order to enhance student learning. In addition, the ability to enter the classroom with minimal notification and keep students engaged and on task is highly desirable.
1. We accept the following credential holders as substitutes (credential must be valid, not expired):
- Single Subject
- Pupil Services
- Administrative Services
- Vocational (full-time)
Substitute Rate: $34.59 per hour
School Year: August 19, 2020 - June 2, 2021
Substitutes will be “on call” to fill the position as needed. The substitute assignments can be located at the following schools: MVROP Center, American, Irvington, Kennedy, Mission, Robertson, Washington, James Logan, Conley-Caraballo, Newark Memorial and Bridgepoint High Schools.