Current Employment Opportunities
To apply via Edjoin, please go to www.edjoin.org/mvrop to see current job postings.
Digital Video Arts Production Instructor
Teach Digital Video Arts Production to high school students 16-18 years old. Applicants must demonstrate up-to-date knowledge of the subject matter and a variety of effective teaching methods in order to enhance student learning. Prior high school teaching experience preferred.
• Final Cut Pro
• iDVD or other DVD authoring software
• AVCHD flash media and miniDV recording formats
• Experience with Adobe After Effects and Livetype programs are helpful, but not required.
• Curriculum and instructional materials for assigned subject area
• Effective techniques of student supervision, motivation, retention and discipline
• Effective student testing evaluation methods and techniques
• Demonstrate knowledge of current industry standards/technology
• Be adept at handling multiple levels of student interest and ability
• Comfortable utilizing technology as a core instructional strategy
• Maintain an organized lab/classroom environment and adhere to safety protocols
• Safely and effectively operate a wide variety of equipment appropriate for the signed instructional area
• Articulate a plan for expanding the business/industry advisory committee by seeking out and developing partnership relationships, which lead to job shadowing, mentoring, field trips, and internship opportunities for students.
• Develop and enhance current course outlines to implement recommendations from advisory committee.
• Attend/participate/coordinate monthly staff, cluster, and annual advisory meetings
• Willingness to engage in relevant professional development activities, which directly affect student learning.
• Must have a high school diploma or GED
• Must have three (3) years of verifiable work experience directly related to the Digital Video production field (to qualify for CTE Credential).
o One (1) of the years’ experience must have occurred within the last five (5) years
o Two (2) years’ work experience may be substituted with 48 semester units of post-secondary college level coursework related to the subject or 48 semester units of vocational training related to the subject
Education and Credentials:
• Possess or be willing to obtain a Career Technical Education Teaching Credential with EL Authorization (CTE)/Designated Subjects (DS) credential in the Arts, Media, and Entertainment industry sector or equivalent https://www.ctc.ca.gov/educator-prep/cte
• Possess or be willing to obtain the Certificate of Completion of Staff Development for English learners (if needed in lieu of EL Authorization for new credentials) http://www.ctc.ca.gov/credentials/leaflets/cl824.pdf.
• Possess or be willing to obtain a Variable Term Waiver while completing credential course requirements and 2 years of teaching experience
• Possess or be willing to obtain a Certificate of Clearance from the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing website once fingerprinting is completed.
School Year: August 1, 2023 – May 24, 2024 (186 days). Full-time, however, subject to enrollment.
Full time salary range for teachers at MVROP based upon the 2022-2023 salary schedule is $66,349 - $78,101 to start. Teachers with longevity at MVROP and appropriate education may earn as much as $113,889. Salary placement based on education, experience, and assignment. Benefits include participation in State Teachers Retirement System (STRS) or Public Employees Retirement System (PERS). Employee/employer paid medical and dental benefits available. Employee paid vision benefit available.
Apply through Edjoin.org by June 19, 2023.
Teach Career Technical Education (CTE) courses to high school and/or adult students. Applicants must demonstrate a variety of effective teaching methods in order to enhance student learning. In addition, the ability to enter the classroom with minimal notification and keep students engaged and on task is highly desirable.
1. We accept the following credential holders as substitutes (credential must be valid, not expired):
- Single Subject
- Pupil Services
- Administrative Services
- Vocational (full-time)
Substitute Rate: $34.59 per hour
School Year: August 16 - June 1
Substitutes will be “on call” to fill the position as needed. The substitute assignments can be located at the following schools: MVROP Center, American, Irvington, Kennedy, Mission, Robertson, Washington, James Logan, Conley-Caraballo, Newark Memorial and Bridgepoint High Schools.
Applications can be downloaded at www.mvrop.org. Scan completed applications; e-mail completed applications, resume and copy of credential to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply through edjoin.org.