Welcome to Culinary Arts with Chef Rosen
Instructor: Chef Jacki RosenLocation: American High School, Room 601Contact Information:Phone: 510-796-1776 x57601Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Industry Sector: Hospitality, Tourism, and RecreationUC/CSU A-G Courses: (Starting 2019-2020) Culinary Arts 1 meets the UC/CSU Area G: College Preparatory Elective requirement.
- Period 2: Culinary Arts 1
- Period 3: Culinary Arts 1
- Period 4: Culinary Arts 2 and Event Planning & Catering
- Period 5: Culinary Arts 1
- Period 6: Culinary Arts 1
- Students in Culinary Arts 1 that earn a C- or better and pass a college final exam with an 80% or higher can earn college credits at Diablo Valley College.
- Students planning to attend Mission College that earn a B- or better in Culinary Arts 1 can earn college credits.
About Chef Rosen:
My name is Jacki Rosen and I have been working as a professional chef for the last 25 years. My culinary journey has taken me to the many corners of the culinary world: white tablecloth restaurants, full scale catering concerns, large athletic events, and cooking for private individuals. I enjoy sharing my knowledge and expeience with others. I believe that knowing how to cook real food contributes to good health. Preparing a delicious meal with friends and family is as good for the digestion as it is for the soul.
2017-2018: Chef Rosen's Culinary Arts had 131 students who earned their CA Food Handler's Card.
College Credits Earned:
2017-2018: Chef Rosen had 22 students earn 0.5 credits in CULN 105: Introduction to the Kitchen, 32 students earn 2.0 credits in CULN 153: Safety and Sanitation, and 12 students earn 2.5 credits from both CULN 105 & CULN 153 from Diablo Valley College.