Welcome to Business and Culinary Arts with Mrs./Chef Nelson
Instructor: Mrs./Chef Shaleah NelsonLocation: Conley-Caraballo High School, Rooms 18 & 21Contact Information:Phone: 510-471-5126Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Industry Sectors:College Credits: Students that earn a B- or better in Culinary Arts 1 can earn college credits through Mission College
- Period 2: Business & Professional Development
- Period 3: Culinary Arts 1
- Period 4: Culinary Arts 1
- Period 5/6: Culinary Arts 1 (2-hour class)
"Everything is better with butter!" - Julia Child"Do or do not, there is no try!" - Yoda"If you're walking on thin ice, you might as well DANCE!" - UnknownBusiness and Culinary Arts at CCHS:Weblinks:
- LinkedIn: Like Facebook for business people. For some employers, they will only hire those with LinkedIn profiles up.
- Freakanomics: The other side of Economics. The unexpected and even downright weird can happen and all because of Economics.
- AllRecipes: AllRecipes is a place where home cooks put a recipes online that they think are great. This lets others try the recipe and rate their experience and results.
- Cooks Illustrated: Many free recipes. They have tested these recipes over and over to get it right.
- Epicurious: This website is for people who love to cook and enjoy getting to try new and interesting things. They have expert advice with expertly created recipes.
From Mrs./Chef Nelson:I expect you to: have fun, get challenged, work hard, have fun, be creative, learn lots, have fun, feel accomplished, get confident, have fun, be persistent, feel compassion, have fun, be enthusiastic, feel valued, have fun, be respectful, be heroic, and have fun.I look forward to assisting in you learning some awesome tools for your adult tool kit.
College Credits Earned:
2021-2022: 6 students earned 5.0 college credits for the FDR 051: Basic Food Preparation course at Mission College
2019-2020: 10 students earned 5.0 college credits for the FDR 051: Basic Food Preparation course at Mission College
2018-2019: 6 students earned college credits from Diablo Valley College. 1 student earned 2.0 credits for CULN 153: Safety and Sanitation and 5 students earned 2.5 credits for both CULN 105: Intro to the Kitchen & CULN 153: Safety and Sanitation.