Welcome to Business and Culinary Arts with Mrs./Chef Nelson
Instructor: Mrs./Chef Shaleah NelsonLocation: Conley-Caraballo High School, Rooms 18 & 21Contact Information:Phone: 510-471-5126Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Period 2: Business and Professional Development (Semester)
- Period 3: Business and Professional Development (Semester)
- Period 4: Culinary Arts 1 (Semester)
- ROP Block (1:45 - 3:45 PM): Culinary Arts 1 (2-hour class)
- Students in Culinary Arts 1 that earn a C- or better and pass a college final exam with an 80% or higher can earn college credits at Diablo Valley College.
- Students planning to attend Mission College that earn a B- or better in Culinary Arts 1 can earn college credits.
"Everything is better with butter!" - Julia Child"Do or do not, there is no try!" - Yoda"If you're walking on thin ice, you might as well DANCE!" - UnknownBusiness and Culinary Arts at CCHS:Weblinks:
- LinkedIn: Like Facebook for business people. For some employers, they will only hire those with LinkedIn profiles up.
- Freakanomics: The other side of Economics. The unexpected and even downright weird can happen and all because of Economics.
- AllRecipes: AllRecipes is a place where home cooks put a recipes online that they think are great. This lets others try the recipe and rate their experience and results.
- Cooks Illustrated: Many free recipes. They have tested these recipes over and over to get it right.
- Epicurious: This website is for people who love to cook and enjoy getting to try new and interesting things. They have expert advice with expertly created recipes.
From Mrs./Chef Nelson:I expect you to: have fun, get challenged, work hard, have fun, be creative, learn lots, have fun, feel accomplished, get confident, have fun, be persistent, feel compassion, have fun, be enthusiastic, feel valued, have fun, be respectful, be heroic, and have fun.I look forward to assisting in you learning some awesome tools for your adult tool kit.
College Credits Earned:
2017-2018: 5 students in Chef Nelson's Culinary Arts class earned college credits from Diablo Valley College. 2 students earned 0.5 credits in CULN 105: Introduction to the Kitchen and 3 students earned 2.5 credits from both CULN 105 & CULN 153: Safety and Sanitation.
2016-2017: 1 student from Chef Nelson's Culinary Arts class earned 0.5 credits from Diablo Valley College for CULN 105: Introduction to the Kitchen.