Advisory Committee Roles
- Advocates for the program
- Provider of human resource expertise
- Provider of instructional resources
- Provider of internships and jobs
- Recommends prospective new teachers
Advisory Committee's Role During an Advisory Meeting
- Review course outline & competencies
- Approve it and…
- Make recommendation for change
- Review labor market
- Are there jobs available that are related to the class?
- Facility & equipment review
- If new equipment is needed, minutes should show the advisory committee’s recommendation for the purchase.
For more information please contact Minling Chung at (510) 657-1865 ext. 15132