Welcome to Nursing and Anatomy with Mrs. Brucker
Instructor: Mrs. Irene BruckerLocation: Mission Valley ROP, Room 221Contact Information:Phone: 510-657-1865 x15221Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgClass Schedule 2019-2020:
Industry Sector: Health Science and Medical Technology
- 7:30 - 9:30 am - Nursing Assistant
- KHS 2nd Block - Anatomy & Physiology for Medical Careers
- 1:00 - 3:00 pm - Nursing Assistant
About Nursing Assistant, Anatomy & Physiology for Medical Careers, and the MVROP-HOSA Chapter:Nursing Assistant:Required Textbooks (Provided by Instructor):
*IF STUDENT DROPS THE PROGRAM, ALL ABOVE BOOKS MUST BE RETURNED TO MRS. BRUCKER WITHIN 7 DAYS FROM CLASS DROP DATE.**Reference materials are available in class: periodicals, medical dictionary, handouts, models, medical/surgical books, etc. and must be used in class only.Anatomy & Physiology:
- Alvare, Susan, Dugan, Diana and Fuzy Jetta. Nursing Assistant Care. Albuquerque, NM: Hartman Publishing, Inc.
- Alvare, Susan, Dugan, Diana and Fuzy Jetta. Nursing Assistant Care: Workbook, Albuquerque, NM: Hartman Publishing, Inc
- American Red Cross Review for Competency Examination Text
- Website: Anatomy & Physiology for Health Professions, 2nd Edition
- Required Text (Provided by Instructor): Colbert, Bruce J., & Ankney, Jeff. Anatomy Physiology for Health Professions: An Interactive Journey (paperback). 2006. ISBN # 13-151268-4
**Textbook Return Policy: You MUST RETURN the TEXTBOOK to the instructor on assigned date at the end of class. If you do not return the book you will not receive your final grade and instructor will follow your home school policy as related to graduation/grades.MVROP-HOSA Chapter:
- Mrs. Brucker is the Advisor for Cal-HOSA of MVROP Chapter and the MVROP NTHS Advisor
- HOSA-Future Health Professionals: HOSA is an international student organization whose mission is to promote career opportunities in health care and to enhance the delivery of quality health care to all people. Through this web site, members, advisors, and guests can access a wide array of services from basic organization information to online membership services.
- Cal-HOSA (California Chapter of HOSA): CAL-HOSA is the premier organization for student leaders preparing for careers in the health care industry. HOSA is America's pipeline for future health care professionals!
- NTHS (National Technical Honor Society): NTHS recognizes any CTE student in our 3 districts to join this unique organization via their CTE teacher's recommendation, completion of the application and payment of dues and carries this one time membership throughout the student's enrollment to completion of a bachelors degree.
2018-2019: Mrs. Brucker had 49 students earn their AISHI BLS/CPR Card, 49 students earn their HIPAA Certification, 14 students earn their POLHN-Diarrheal Disease Certification, 18 students earn their POLHN-Improving Health Care Quality Certification, 49 students earn their POLHN-Infenction Prevention and Control Certification, and 30 students pass the Precision Exam in Certified Nursing Assistant.
2017-2018: 57 students in Mrs. Brucker's Nursing Assistant classes earned their CPR/BLS card.
College Credits Earned:
2018-2019: 27 students in Mrs. Brucker's Anatomy and Physiology for Medical Careers classes earned 4.0 credits from Ohlone College for BIOL 104: Basic Human Anatomy and Physiology.
2017-2018: 47 students in Mrs. Brucker's Anatomy and Physiology for Medical Careers classes earned 4.0 credits from Ohlone College for BIOL 104: Basic Human Anatomy and Physiology.
2016-2017: 46 students in Mrs. Brucker's Anatomy and Physiology for Medical Careers classes earned 4.0 credits from Ohlone College for BIOL 104: Basic Human Anatomy and Physiology.