Welcome to Auto Body Paint & Refinishing with Mr. Cimino
Instructor: Mr. Johnny CiminoLocation: Mission Valley ROP Center Campus, Room 304 (Auto Body Shop)Contact Information:Phone: 510-657-1865 x15304Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgClass Schedule 2022-2023:
2021-2022 32 Students earned industry level certifications
Course Objectives: At the completion of this course, with appropriate study and practice the student will be able to acquire the following technical skills.
- Identify basic auto body tools and be able to use them correctly
- Spot weld using a mig welder.
- Cut and remove body panels with a plasma cutter.
- Properly repair a damaged body panel.
- Identify the basic types of the many body fillers and their proper uses.
- Properly set-up, adjust and use an H.V.L.P. gravity fed spray gun.
- Properly refinish a body panel by mixing and applying primer, single stage or two stage paints. (Advanced students may get the opportunity to complete a total vehicle refinishing project).
- Properly color-sand, buff and polish.
About Mr. Cimino: After graduating from the R.O.P. class in high school, some years ago, I immediately found a career in the auto body industry. The work was so interesting. I spent over 10 years working for two prominent dealerships in the Fremont area. Starting out as a shop “go-fer”, I worked my way through the ranks picking up new skills along the way. Throughout the years, I performed all facets of auto body refinishing, from minor dent repairs to major auto restoration and custom painting. In 1992, the opportunity arose to teach at M.V.R.O.P. and help pass these skills on. Although the materials, laws and faces have changed throughout the years, this industry has remained strong. Here at M.V.R.O.P. I stress safety, foster determination and promote a learning by doing attitude every day. If you have the will to learn, I can teach you the skills to get started in the auto body industry.
Trade School: UTI Auto Body