Welcome to Auto Body Paint & Refinishing with Mr. Cimino
Instructor: Mr. Johnny CiminoLocation: Mission Valley ROP Center, Room 304 (Auto Body Shop)Contact Information:Phone: 510-657-1865 x15304Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgClass Schedule 2018-2019:
Course Objectives: At the completion of this course, with appropriate study and practice the student will be able to acquire the following technical skills.
- Identify basic auto body tools and be able to use them correctly
- Spot weld using a mig welder.
- Cut and remove body panels with a plasma cutter.
- Properly repair a damaged body panel.
- Identify the basic types of the many body fillers and their proper uses.
- Properly set-up, adjust and use an H.V.L.P. gravity fed spray gun.
- Properly refinish a body panel by mixing and applying primer, single stage or two stage paints. (Advanced students may get the opportunity to complete a total vehicle refinishing project).
- Properly color-sand, buff and polish.
About Mr. Cimino: After graduating from the R.O.P. class in high school, some years ago, I immediately found a career in the autobody industry. The work was so interesting I spent over 10 years working for two prominent dealerships in the Fremont area. Starting out as a shop “gopher” I worked my way through the ranks picking up new skills along the way. Throughout the years I performed all facets of autobody refinishing, from minor dent repairs to major auto restoration and custom painting. In 1992 the opportunity arose to teach at M.V.R.O.P. and help pass these skills on. Although the materials, laws and faces change throughout the years, this industry has remained strong. Here at M.V.R.O.P. I stress safety, foster determination and promote a learn by doing attitude every day. If you have the will to learn, I can teach you the skills to get started in the autobody industry.
Trade School: UTI Auto Body