2018 MVROP Student of the Year Scholarship
This scholarship is being offered for the first year at Mission Valley ROP. This is a one-time scholarship is eligible to all 2018 Student of the Year award recipients. The scholarship award winners will be selected by MVROP administration and scholarship sponsors. The scholarship funds ($250 in total) may be used by selected recipients to help cover future educational expenses.
To qualify a student must:
1. Applicant must be a 2017-18 Student of the Year Award recipient
2. Applicant must submit a completed application by the due date
(Monday, May 14, 2018 at 4 p.m.)
All complete applications must be submitted at the front lobby desk at the ROP
Center Campus or via email to email@example.com
3. Applicant must be present at the Student of the Year Ceremony
Download Scholarship Application Here
1. Application Cover Letter addressed to the Scholarship Committee. The letter should include a brief explanation of the applicant's Career Technical education (CTE) experience and specific future goals that relate to their MVROP coursework. Maximum letter length is one page.
2. Two (2) letters of recommendations from educators.
All scholarship winners will be notified prior to the Student of the Year Ceremony. All scholarship recipients will be presented with their scholarships during the 2018 MVROP Student of the Year Ceremony on May 22nd at 7 p.m.
For more information contact: Allison Aldinger at firstname.lastname@example.org
Career & Technical Scholarships
The Career & Technical Scholarship Program is funded through the Horatio Alger Endowment Fund and the generosity of Association Chairman Emeritus and Endowment Fund President Walter Scott, Jr. Scholarships are awarded to students who have faced and overcome great obstacles in their lives who wish to pursue a career or technical education at an accredited non-profit post-secondary institution in the United States.
- Have completed high school (or earned a high school equivalency credential)
- Will be enrolled in an eligible program in Fall 2018
- Exhibit a strong commitment to pursue and complete a career or technical program (up to 2 years) at an accredited non-profit post-secondary institution in the United States
- Demonstrated critical financial need (must be eligible to receive the Federal Pell grant as determined by completion of the FAFSA)
- Demonstrated perseverance in overcoming adversity
- Be under the age of 30
- Be a United States citizen
Funds may be used for tuition, fees, books and supplies. All scholarship funds are paid directly to the institution on behalf of the recipient.
To print a poster announcing this scholarship program or to sign up for our Stay Connected list, please visit our School Officials page.
The CTE application is now open and will close June 15.
Please click here for more information.
ScholarshipsThere are numerous scholarship opportunities for students to take advantage of as they pursue their continued education. Please continue to check this webpage periodically to learn of the newest opportunities available. Another valuable resource for high school scholarship opportunities is located in the Career Centers at each high school campus.Ongoing Scholarship WebsitesCareer One Stop: www.careeronestop.org (Scholarships)Fast Web: www.fastweb.comGood Call: www.goodcall.com