Welcome to PLTW Biomedical Sciences with Mrs. Farooq
Instructor: Mrs. Masiha FarooqLocation: Mission Valley ROP Center, Room 227Contact Information:Phone: 510-657-1865 x15227Email: email@example.comClass Schedule 2020-2021:
- 7:30 - 9:30 am - Principles of Biomedical Science (PBS)/Human Body Systems (HBS)
- KHS 2nd Block - Principles of Biomedical Science (PBS)/Human Body Systems (HBS)
- 1:00 - 3:00 pm - Honors Medical Interventions (MI)/Honors Biomedical Innovation (BI)
Industry Sector: Health Science and Medical Technology
- PLTW Principles of Biomedical Science, PLTW Human Body Systems, and PLTW Honors Medical Interventions each meet the Area D: Laboratory Science requirement.
- PLTW Honors Biomedical Innovation meets the Area G: College-Preparatory requirement.
- Students in MI/BI can earn college credits from Ohlone College (Biot-105)
MVROP Biomedical Sciences in the News: MVROP's PLTW Biomedical Science program was featured in the Washington Hospital Healthcare System Currents newsletter on 3/1/18 in Vol 33/No. 5!
2018-2019: Mrs. Farooq had 11 students earn their AISHI BLS/CPR Card, 56 students earn their BioNetwork's Introduction to Lab Safety Certification, 56 students earn their HIPAA Certification, and 2 students who earned the PLTW 2019 California Scholar Award/Certificate.
2017-2018: 10 Students in the Medical Interventions/Biomedical Innovation class received the 2018 PLTW California Scholar Award Certificate and Medallion and 16 students earned their CPR/BLS Card.