Agreement for College Credit
Cal State East Bay has agreed to give 3.0 College Units for their BIOL 101: Introduction to Biology course for any student that meets ALL of the following requirements:
- Passes a Project Lead the Way (PLTW) Biomedical Sciences course in high school. MVROP offers the following courses:
- Passes the College Board College Level-Examination Program (CLEP) in Biology.
- Attends California State University, East Bay.
Steps to Earn College Credit
If a student in any of the above listed PLTW Biomedical Science classes plans to attend California State University, East Bay and wants to take advantage of earning these units they must do the following:
- Pass a PLTW Biomedical Science course (PBS, HBS, MI, or BI) at Mission Valley ROP.
- Sign up for and pass the Biology CLEP exam.
- Apply to, get accepted at, and enroll at California State University, East Bay.
- Provide California State University, East Bay with a copy of an official high school transcript reflecting the passing grade in the PLTW Biomedical Science class and have the College Board send a copy of the Biology CLEP exam score to CSUEB.